Attorneys Dale Williams and Laura

are Board Certified Specialists.

Only 10% of Texas Attorneys are
Recognized as Specialists

Texas Car Accident FAQ's

Waco Lawyers Answer Your Frequently Asked Questions

If you have been injured or lost a loved one as a result of an auto accident in Waco, you may be eligible to recover compensation for the damages you have sustained. The Board Certified attorneys at Williams & Brown LLP have extensive experience handling a wide range of car accident cases and can provide the effective legal representation you need to get back on your feet. Review the following questions and then contact us to discuss your case. Call (254) 741-6200 or (888) 741-6200 to learn more about how we can serve you.

Do I need a personal injury lawyer to handle my car accident claim?

How should I respond to insurance adjusters?

What damages can I recover?

Will I be able to recover property damages to my vehicle?

What should I do if I was in a hit-and-run accident?

Q: Do I need a personal injury lawyer to handle my car accident claim?

A: Pursing a personal injury claim after an auto or motorcycle accident often requires extensive knowledge and experience with state and federal injury laws. Unless you have litigation experience, it is in your best interests to at least consult with a qualified personal injury lawyer to learn about your legal rights and options. The claims process can be complicated and one mistake can easily jeopardize your right to obtain compensation.

With an attorney on your side, you will be able to focus on recovering from the physical and financial losses you have suffered while your legal representative acts on your behalf. At Williams & Brown LLP, our Waco personal injury lawyers can not only investigate the circumstances of your accident, but also handle the necessary negotiations with the various insurance companies involved, and will fight to ensure that you receive fair and just compensation.

Back to Top

Q: How should I respond to insurance adjusters?

A: Depending on your insurance plan, your insurance company may be obligated to provide compensation for the damages to your vehicle. In order to ensure the success of your claim, it is suggested that you report the accident to your insurance provider as soon as possible, regardless of fault. However, if the insurance adjuster for the at-fault party tries to contact you, it is best to avoid making any statements about the accident without first discussing your circumstances with your lawyer. The other driver's insurance company is in the business of protecting their own client and company from having to pay out significant settlements, regardless of whether or not the settlement is justified. Your attorney can help you understand your rights and how to appropriately respond to other insurance adjusters.

Back to Top

Q: What damages can I recover?

A: You may be eligible to recover a variety of damages related to your accident, including out-of-pocked expenses, medical costs, reduced earning capacity, scarring, pain and suffering, and more. A knowledgeable attorney will evaluate the value of the damages you have sustained and will build a strong case to get you the full and fair settlement you deserve.

It is important to note that, as a shared fault state, the amount of compensation you may be entitled to receive will also depend on the percentage of fault you bear in causing your accident. If the other party is found to be at least 51 percent responsible for the injuries, you may have a successful case.

Back to Top

Q: Will I be able to recover property damages to my vehicle?

A: After a Texas car accident, your vehicle may need repairs or may need to be totally replaced. You may be able to recover compensation for the cost of repairs or replacement of your vehicle from the liable party's insurance company. The other party's insurance company will perform an evaluation of repair costs, and it is suggested that you do the same to be sure the damage amount is fair and accurate. If the cost of repairs exceeds the value of your vehicle before the crash, you may receive the pre-accident value of your vehicle, including sales taxes and fees that come with purchasing a similar vehicle.

Back to Top

Q: What should I do if I was in a hit-and-run accident?

A: If possible, you may be able to make a Texas personal injury claim if you can provide the authorities with enough information about the other vehicle, such as license plate number, make and model, and a description of the other driver. If the other driver cannot be identified, you may still be able to recover compensation for your losses if you carry Uninsured Motorists insurance. Depending on your coverage amount, the cost of medical expenses and other damages may be compensated by your own insurance provider.

Back to Top

Call our Texas Personal Injury Attorneys Today.
Toll Free (888) 741-6200 Local (254) 741-6200

Related Video

Holding Insurance Companies Accountable (0:31) See All Videos

Client Reviews

They really cared about me!

“They went the extra mile, trying every avenue they could to work on my case. They were very understanding.”

- Jane Gates, Moody

  See More Reviews

Why Choose Us?

Because not all attorneys and law firms are created equal.

Laws that apply to different kinds of injury cases are complex. An attorney or law firm that occasionally handles injury cases may not have the expertise or track record that is necessary to maximize the value of your case.

Awards & Memberships Choosing the Right Attorney

Free Downloads

Contact Us

Williams & Brown LLP
Bridgeview Center, 2nd Floor, 7901 Fish Pond Road, Waco, Texas 76710 Map / Directions
(888) 741-6200 Toll Free • (254) 741-6200 Local • (254) 741-6300 Fax • Email:

Texas Personal Injury Attorney Disclaimer: The personal injury, car accident, birth injury, truck wreck, medical malpractice, and wrongful death information presented on this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship. Any results portrayed here were dependent on the facts of a particular legal matter and results vary from case to case. Please contact a Texas personal injury lawyer or Dallas injury attorney at Williams & Brown LLP for a consultation on your particular case.

Copyright © 1997 - 2018 Williams & Brown LLP. All Rights Reserved.

Website Design and Legal Internet Marketing by SLS ConsultingSLS Consulting