Winter Storms in Texas Create Dangerous Road Conditions for Drivers
The latest winter storm to hit Texas wreaked havoc across the state as frigid temperatures caused thousands of flights to be canceled, power outages, and hazardous road conditions. The freezing rain contributed to multiple fatal auto accidents and vehicle pileups that left drivers stranded for hours as highway crews struggled to clear the roads in the bitter cold.
It is crucial that motorists understand and follow basic safety rules for traveling during the winter, even if it means staying off the road until the weather improves.
The following tips can help protect you and others on the road from sustaining catastrophic injuries or worse:
- Check weather/traffic reports and plan your route before driving.
- Inspect your vehicle frequently and ensure that it is prepared to handle the weather conditions. You may be liable for accidents caused by not properly maintaining your vehicle.
- Always wear a seat belt and make sure your passengers buckle up, as well.
- Drive slowly on icy, snowy roads and increase distance between other cars.
- Never drive while fatigued or under the influence of alcohol. Both can be incredibly dangerous and lead to serious collisions.
Sustaining a serious injury or losing a loved one in a car accident is devastating, especially if another driver is responsible for your suffering. The Waco personal injury lawyers at Williams & Brown LLP can help protect your family’s rights and pursue financial compensation to assist with your current and future losses. Call us for a free consultation at (888) 741-6200 to discuss whether legal action is the right choice for your circumstances.
Leveling the Playing Field (0:50) See All Videos
“If my husband or I had any problems, we could call them day or night. They always made sure we knew what was going on.”