Laura Brown - Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law
Laura is a third generation trial attorney - both her father and grandfather were trial attorneys. She grew up watching both of them take cases to trial.
Laura attended Baylor University and was a premedical student. She graduated from Baylor with a degree in biology. But, as the old saying goes, the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree – she was destined for the law.
She went to Baylor Law School and graduated in 1992. Her premedical background was great training as she spent seven years defending medical negligence cases with another Waco law firm before joining Dale in 2000.
Since that time, Laura has represented people who have been injured in serious trucking and automobile accidents, babies who have been injured as a result of medical errors at birth, and people who have been injured as a result of medical malpractice. In recent years, she has made birth injury cases a particular focus of her practice. She represents babies who have suffered serious injuries at birth resulting in cerebal palsy in Texas and in other states. She is a mother of two - and truly loves representing children and serving as an advocate for them.
Laura’s passionate representation of her clients has generated many significant results. As you can see from the Verdicts and Settlements section of this website (where detailed information on each case is provided), Laura’s recent case results include:
- $5,800,000 settlement for a birth injury case filed in Federal Court
- $3,500,000 settlement for a motorcycle/truck wreck in Central Texas
- $3,250,000 settlement in a birth injury case filed in Nebraska
(Laura’s representation of babies injured at birth is not limited to the state of Texas)
Laura is an adjunct professor at Baylor Law School teaching Personal Injury Trial Law. An active member of the legal community, Laura has also published and given lectures on Advanced Medical Malpractice topics through the "Lost Chance of Survival" series. In addition, she gives speeches across the country to labor and delivery nurses about the types of medical mistakes that she has seen in working on birth injury cases and helping educate these nurses on steps that they can take to prevent injuries to babies in the future.
Laura Brown is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law
by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Laura was named by her peers and the Texas Monthly SuperLawyer publication as a Rising Star. Laura is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Birth Trauma Litigation Group, the Interstate Trucking Litigation Group, and the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America.
She is a pilot, sky diver, scuba diver, and a black-belt kick-boxer. Her husband, Mark, is a commercial airline pilot and shares her love for flying and the water, but prefers not to jump out of airplanes. They both enjoy running, water skiing and snow skiing. Their two children are very active in all types of sports.
- Graduated from Baylor Law School, J.D. 1992
- Graduated from Baylor University, B.A.- Biology 1989
Groups and Associations
- American Association for Justice
- Birth Trauma Litigation Group
- Interstate Trucking Litigation Group
- Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
- Adjunct Professor, Baylor Law School, assisting in teaching Personal Injury Trial
- Former McLennan County Bar Association Board of Directors
- Former Kids & Company Board of Directors
- Former YMCA Board of Managers
- Former Heart of Texas Legal Aid Board of Directors
- Leadership Waco Alumna
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers in 2013
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers byThe National Trial Lawyers in 2012
- Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in 2008
- Super Lawyer - Rising Star Super Lawyers