Texas Swimming Pool Injury Attorney
Handling Cases of Injuries and Drownings in Swimming Pools
Accidental drowning is in the top five leading causes of accidental death nationwide each year. For children under the age of four, drowning is the leading cause of accidental death.
Each year, hundreds of swimmers are injured or drown in pools throughout Texas. Drowning accidents happen in private pools, hotel and motel pools, water parks and other locations. These accidents happen for many different reasons. Frequently, these accidents are caused by a lack of attention on the part of the pool owner. Whether the accident took place in a privately owned location or at a municipal pool, owners have a duty to maintain a basic level of care for any visitor that may enter their property. Failing to do so can result in the at-fault party being held legally responsible for their negligence.
If you have suffered serious injury or lost a loved one in a pool injury, contact a Waco swimming pool accident lawyer at Williams & Brown LLP today. Call (254) 741-6200 or (888) 741-6200 to discuss your rights in a free case consultation.
Understanding Counsel When You Need it Most
Of course, you may be thinking - "I have time to consider my options. No sense in rushing into a legal battle."
Don’t wait too long. In the state of Texas, you have a limited window of time to file a personal injury claim or suit. Generally speaking, victims in such cases have enough time to gather and present their case. But, each case is different, some requiring a great deal more time to plan than others. Missing this deadline can mean a complete forfeiture of the right to pursue the claim.
Some Facts About Accidental Drowning
Many Texas families spend a lot of time in the water. Good memories can be made in pools, and also with family trips to lakes, rivers, or even the ocean. Teaching your family water safety can save lives. Here is some information about accidental drowning from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
- Most drowning deaths happen in swimming pools, hot tubs, and bathtubs at home
- About ten people die in the United States each day in an accidental drowning
- One in every five people who dies in an accidental drowning is under age 15
- For every child who dies from drowning, five more get taken to emergency rooms for near-drowning injuries
- Near-drowning injuries include severe brain and organ damage. Not having oxygen even for a few seconds can lead to a life-long injury
Let Our Waco, Texas Swimming Pool Injury Lawyers Help You
Call our office today to speak with a dedicated Waco personal injury attorney and secure your rights before it is too late. The number to call is (254) 741-6200.
- What Are the Biggest Summer Drowning Risks?
- Combine Safety and Fun by Teaching Kids to Swim This Summer
- Healthy Swimming - CDC
- Unintentional Drowning: Get the Facts
Experienced, Results-Oriented Trial Lawyers (1:18) See All Videos
“Laura Brown and Dale Williams proved to be the right one for us, and we highly recommend them.”