Waco Texas Product Liability Lawyers
Dangerous & Defective Products
If you or a loved one has suffered a devastating injury or worse due to a defective product, do not put off holding the negligent designer, manufacturer, or distributor accountable. You may be entitled to obtain a significant recovery for your losses. The Board Certified trial attorneys at Williams & Brown LLP have years of experience and extensive resources necessary for handling product liability cases, ranging from pharmaceutical defects to auto product defects. Call us without delay for a free and confidential case evaluation. Read more for further information.
According to Consumer Product Safety Commission statistics, defective products are responsible for approximately three million injuries and at least 20,000 deaths every year in the United States.
Manufacturers of consumer products sold to the public have a legal duty to ensure that their products are safe for consumer use. They must be sure that the products are designed properly and manufactured safely consistent with proper design.
Defective or poorly designed machinery, tools, motor vehicles and recreational equipment as well as dangerous pharmaceuticals all fall under product liability.
If a consumer is injured by a defective product, manufacturers or sellers of defective or unsafe products are legally responsible for injuries sustained as a result of defective products.
What is a Defective Product?
A defective product is primarily characterized by any or all of the following:
- Design defect - a flaw in the product’s theoretical design. This type of defect is usually identified prior to manufacturing. However, in cases where it is not and a person suffers harm as a result, he/she may be entitled to file a product liability claim.
- Manufacturing defect - a defect that occurs during the manufacturing process. These types of defects may not affect all products in the manufacturing lot.
- Marketing defect - occurs when the manufacturer fails to provide adequate safety information regarding the product and its risks or else intentionally misrepresents this information. This is usually the case with harmful drugs (Vioxx, for example).
FDA Product Liability Case
Accountability for Defective Products in Texas Improves Product Safety for Other Consumers
The obligation of a manufacturer is to make a safe product - including the duty to design, manufacture, inspect, and label a product appropriately. Because product manufacturers are legally responsible for injuries caused by defects, the safety of numerous products that you use every day has improved over the past few decades. Successful product liability lawsuits send a clear message to the manufacturing and pharmaceutical industry about accountability and consumer safety.
If you or one of your family members has been injured or has fallen ill due to what you believe is a defective product or drug, do not delay in seeking immediate medical attention, as prompt medical diagnosis and treatment may help to avoid permanent damage.
It is also important to take prompt legal action to determine whether there is a defect in the product. You need a Waco personal injury attorney who is experienced in handling product liability cases.
We are happy to talk with you about your case. Please call us for a free, confidential consultation. (254) 741-6200.
- Product Liability Blogs
- To Protect Kids From Injury, Start With Their Toys
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- FDA 101: Product Recalls
Product Liability Case Results
Gross Settlement/Verdict: $2,900,000.00
Description: Pharmaceutical Defect
- A contingent (%) fee charged on the successful recovery resulted in a fee of $846,550 and $11,192.00 in litigation expenses which were reimbursed by the client out of the gross settlement amount.
Gross Settlement/Verdict: $2,500,000.00
Description: Defective Seat Belts
- A contingent (%) fee charged on the successful recovery resulted in a fee of $1,000,000 and $8,120.00 in litigation expenses which were reimbursed by the client out of the gross settlement amount.
Gross Settlement/Verdict: $2,050,000.00
Injury: Defective Breast Implants Resulting in Autoimmune Diseasse
- A contingent (%) fee charged on the successful recovery resulted in a fee of $820,000 and $26,800.00 in litigation expenses which were reimbursed by the client out of the gross settlement amount.
Gross Settlement/Verdict: $2,000,000.00
Injury: Brain Injury
Description: Defective Product
- A contingent (%) fee charged on the successful recovery resulted in a fee of $800,000 and $22,400.00 in litigation expenses which were reimbursed by the client out of the gross settlement amount.
Note: If any of the cases listed here had been unsuccessful, the law firm would have paid all of the expenses for the case without being reimbursed by the client and would have received $0 dollars in attorney's fees.
A Defective Product Case (1:01) See All Videos
“They went the extra mile, trying every avenue they could to work on my case. They were very understanding.”